Monday, 22 May 2017
Friday, 12 May 2017
Tuesday, 2 May 2017
This story is about a boy named August and he has a decease which made his face weird.He goes to the doctors and has many surgeries.After some days his parents decide that he will go to school.August is scared that people would make fun of his face.When he goes to school some kids are nice and some look at him in a weird and nasty way.He eventually gets used to it and you will never guess the ending its wonderful."August is really a Wonder"
Wednesday, 12 April 2017
This term I have been reading and studying the novel Abandon Ship
I found this novel interesting because I learnt about glandular fever and the Wahine disaster.
During the novel I had to complete two major assessment tasks. The first is an Explain Map which shows the consequences of a major event in the book. The second was a Describe++ Map (Inference map) which shows how I have connected prior knowledge and other experiences to what I have been reading to make an inference.
National Standard this covers
- Year 9/10 Standard
- I can monitor my understanding as it develops during my reading, and adjust my strategies to address any comprehension problems Eg: If I don’t understand a passage I have read I can re-read it, read-on, use pictures or diagrams, or explore the meaning of some of the vocabulary.
In Current Events I covered these topics:
- The design of the Halswell Skate Park and I made a submission to the council.
- Donald Trump’s Refugee Plan
- Christchurch Earth Memorial
- The new Ngā Puna Wai Sports Facility
- The Red Zone and Avon River Regeneration Plan with a submission to the council.
My favorite topic was The design of the Halswell Skate Park and I made a submission to the council because It was a good idea and I like skate parks.
Here is a link to my learning on the Red Zone and Avon River Regeneration Plan.
The Reading National Standards I have achieved are (delete the ones that are not relevant)
- Year 9/10
- As I read I can make decisions about the usefulness of the text for the purpose - Eg: by using a variety of criteria to evaluate